The Resuscitation Council (UK) (RC (UK) is keen to promote research into all aspects of the science, practice and teaching of resuscitation techniques, and can provide financial support for research projects. The RC (UK) has an annual process for applications which generally starts in March of each year with successful applicants informed about the final funding decision in December.
- Applications must be received within the set deadline. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Applications should be submitted by a department or institution for a defined project to be undertaken by a specified individual.
- The researcher must be working in the NHS or a university department within the UK and hold qualifications appropriate to their grade.
- The information required on the application form must be completed in all cases.
- Applications must be submitted electronically; in addition, hardcopies of the pages where signatures are required must be posted.
- Projects must be conducted in the UK.
- Applicants should have a credible track record of conducting such research projects or be working under appropriate supervision.
- Ethics approval for the research project must be obtained before the RC (UK) releases any funds and the project must be conducted in accordance with relevant regulatory and ethical guidelines. If ethics approval is not required, a letter to this effect from the sponsor must be provided.
- The RC (UK) expects that the project funded by its research and development grant will be completed within one year, unless a longer period is specifically approved by the Research and Development Subcommittee of the RC (UK).
The Terms and Conditions, Application form and Guidance notes will be made available on the website when the annual process for applications opens. In the meantime if you have any enquiries please email:email@example.com