The ERC congress, Resuscitation 2019, will be held in Ljubljana, the capital of Slovenia.
Resuscitation 2019 promises to deliver a fresh and exciting update on controversies in resuscitation science, guidelines and practice.
Date: 19-21 September 2019
A CPR competition will be held during the 2019 ERC congress, and the ERC has invited applications for national teams to enter.
A national team must be nominated by the national resuscitation council, but represents the country, rather than the council. The RC (UK) would like to offer individuals, teams, or Trusts the opportunity to submit an application to be selected to compete at the conference. Those interested in putting forward a team to represent the UK should:
- Identify a team leader plus a maximum of four team members
- Have a multi-professional team who are ALS and EPALS providers and/or instructors
Complete the application giving the names, details of the team, and a 200-word summary why they are a good team and should be selected to represent the UK
- Apply no later than 19 April 2019
Applications will be considered by members of the RC (UK) Trustee board and Executive committee, with the successful team being informed by 3 May 2019. The RC (UK) will submit the names of the successful team to the ERC, but please note that each member of the team must register themselves for the ERC Congress (the ERC has stipulated that this is mandatory.) A reduced registration fee is available for the successful team members, and can be claimed via the ERC.
The competition winners in Ljubljana will be invited to defend their title at the 2020 ERC conference, which will be held in Manchester.
- Scenarios will be in English and based on ALS and EPALS scenarios from the 2015 ERC resuscitation guidelines
- The team should be prepared to manage paediatric and adult scenarios
- The team will have the opportunity to familiarise themselves with the equipment
- Team members should wear their usual work outfit
- Download the competition rules (pdf).